April 13, 2020 —
If you have a blender and an oven, then you can make one of my all-time favorite recipes…a Dutch Baby. Make it for breakfast, lunch or dessert. Best of all, there’s very little chance you don’t have all the ingredients lurking in your pantry right now.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Syrup, preserves, confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar, and nutmeg in a blender jar and blend until smooth. The batter can also be mixed by hand.
- Place butter in a heavy 10-inch skillet or baking dish and place in the oven. As soon as the butter has melted (watch it so it does not burn) add the batter to the pan, return pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and golden. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake five minutes longer.
- Remove pancake from the oven, cut into wedges and serve immediately with syrup, preserves, confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon sugar.